Treeview Element

Started by Ruckamongus, 05 August 2013, 23:15:56

Ruckamongus

Hey Texus, I love TGUI! I really appreciate the work you put into it! I was wondering if you've considered implementing a tree view element in the future. Something like this:

Thanks!

texus

No, I haven't considered it yet.
I'll add it to the list of other widgets that I want to write in the future.

Once v0.6 is finished, I will again launch a poll to see which widgets are the most wanted. If more people are interested in the tree view element then it might get into v0.7 and otherwise it will be delayed even more.

Ruckamongus

Sounds good, thanks for considering throwing it into the mix. What all still needs to be done before your satisfied with v0.6? Is there a place I can see a working to-do list?

texus

I basically have to rewrite the form builder and I also wanted to rewrite the TextBox class.

I recently started a new todo list (because I lost my old one months ago). So these are the things that I still want to do.
- Find out why Slider2d isn't in the windows library
- Finish BabyBlue theme (I think only Tab images are missing, but there might be more)
- Add a White theme (will come with the new form builder)
- Write a new form builder
- Install files on correct places on linux
- Add a method to easily switch theme
- Rewrite TextBox
- EditBox with NumbersOnly should support commas

Ruckamongus

That doesn't seem too bad actually. A few of those sound like quick things, while others sound massive. Is it safe to start building a semi-large project with the current repository version, or do you anticipate many API changes soon? I haven't used TGUI since v0.5 first came out, but I've kept an eye on it. I understand a lot has changed since v0.5 but will there be more large changes soon?

texus

Currently only TextBox is planned to be changed, so it is relatively safe.
Although it is not a complete reassurance as most changes were made without being planned, I think I came to the point where the api for v0.6 is finished. Small fixes can still occur but I don't expect any more major changes.

Edit: You might want to wait for the version that is going to be put online in a few minutes though.

Ruckamongus

Okay, sounds good. Where should I look for the new version, GitHub?

texus

Yes, the master branch on github contains the latest v0.6 snapshot.
But the download on my site just link to github so it will always be the latest version as well.

The change has been made by now.