TGUI error when compiling with CMake (2.8.11.2)

Started by Honor, 21 September 2013, 05:37:38

Honor

After following this step " https://tgui.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/CMakeBuildTGUICodeBlocksMinGW.jpg " from "  https://tgui.eu/tutorials/v06/codeblocks/ " is when I get a popup: https://puu.sh/4wjCy.png ..

Additional information:
Using the CodeBlocks MinGW compiler as my native compiler.

CMake console:

The C compiler identification is GNU 4.8.1
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.8.1
Check for working C compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
CMake Error at H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:31 (try_compile):
  Cannot copy output executable

''

to destination specified by COPY_FILE:

'H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin'

Unable to find the executable at any of:

H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec2339646467.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec2339646467.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cmTryCompileExec2339646467.exe

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:75 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)
  CMakeLists.txt:21 (project)

Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error at H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:52 (file):
  file STRINGS file "H:/Program
  Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin"
  cannot be read.
  H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:75 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)

Check for working CXX compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:31 (try_compile):

''

'H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin'

H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec484653838.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec484653838.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cmTryCompileExec484653838.exe

H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:68 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)

Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
CMake Error at H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:52 (file):
  file STRINGS file "H:/Program
  Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/2.8.11.2/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin"
  cannot be read.
  H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:68 (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI)

Looking for sys/types.h
Looking for sys/types.h - found
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - found
Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of void*
CMake Error at H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CheckTypeSize.cmake:89 (try_compile):

''

'H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CheckTypeSize/SIZEOF_VOID_PTR.bin'

H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec1542734059.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec1542734059.exe
    H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cmTryCompileExec1542734059.exe

H:/Program Files/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CheckTypeSize.cmake:174 (__check_type_size_impl)
  cmake/Config.cmake:8 (check_type_size)
  CMakeLists.txt:24 (include)

CMake Error at cmake/Config.cmake:14 (message):
  Unsupported architecture
  CMakeLists.txt:24 (include)

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

After checking the H:/Program Files/TGUI/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp, I see: https://puu.sh/4wjF2.png

I am very confused on why this is happening. I have tried just installing TGUI 0.5, but it gave me the same results.

texus

You could try reinstalling cmake.
I've seen strange stuff before on windows that was solved by either reinstalling codeblocks or cmake. Although I never had this particular error before.

Honor

I reinstalled CMAKE, and I still got the same result. I'll try to reinstall CodeBlocks, but I doubt the results will be different. Same results.

texus

Right after you started this topic I installed the same CMake version and tried recompiling tgui.
I didn't have any problems, so if reinstalling doesn't work then I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this.

Are you able to compile sfml, or is this only a problem with tgui?

texus

QuoteUsing the CodeBlocks MinGW compiler
QuoteCheck for working C compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
That is not the compiler from CodeBlocks!
The one from CodeBlocks is in the 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin' folder.

Why are you on the H drive instead of the C drive anyway? It isn't really the default.

Honor

Quote from: texus on 22 September 2013, 19:49:26Ar you able to compile sfml, or is this only a problem with tgui?
I can compile SFML fine.

Quote from: texus on 22 September 2013, 20:05:02
QuoteUsing the CodeBlocks MinGW compiler
QuoteCheck for working C compiler: h:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
That is not the compiler from CodeBlocks!
The one from CodeBlocks is in the 'C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin' folder.

Why are you on the H drive instead of the C drive anyway? It isn't really the default.
I'll see if I can manually set it to choose the CodeBlocks compiler. And also, my main hard drive failed a year or two back. I installed a new one, and it just was "H:/" ever since.

texus

QuoteI can compile SFML fine.
And it uses the same compiler (h:/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe) ?

The error occurs even before my cmake script gets run which indicates that the problem lies with the compiler or cmake. So I'm even more surprised that you can compile one project and not the other.

Honor

Success!

The C compiler identification is GNU 4.7.1
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.7.1
Check for working C compiler: H:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Check for working C compiler: H:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Check for working CXX compiler: H:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Check for working CXX compiler: H:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Looking for sys/types.h
Looking for sys/types.h - found
Looking for stdint.h
Looking for stdint.h - found
Looking for stddef.h
Looking for stddef.h - found
Check size of void*
Check size of void* - done
Could NOT find SFML (missing:  SFML_GRAPHICS_LIBRARY SFML_WINDOW_LIBRARY SFML_SYSTEM_LIBRARY)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:84 (message):
  CMake couldn't find SFML.  Set the SFML_ROOT entry to SFML's root directory
  (containing "include" and "lib" directories).

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I will be getting back to the tutorial on how to install it from here. Thank you for helping! If I have anymore problems I'll post them here.