Honor

• View Profile
CMAKE Error
« on: 24 June 2016, 19:08:40 »
Just downloaded the latest stable source and cmake itself doesn't really want to work? Any thoughts?

Error occurs after I click configure (source and build folders are linked correctly). Perhaps it's because I'm not using an external (non)default hard drive?

texus

• View Profile
    • Texus's Blog
Re: CMAKE Error
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2016, 19:12:14 »
What error exactly?

If you ran cmake before in that folder then you could try deleting the cache (in cmake menu bar: File > Delete Cache).

(edit: I didn't see your image when I wrote this because my browser I was using blocked the HTTP request)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 15:56:25 by texus »

Honor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2016, 19:18:16 »
I should mention I'm building for Code::Block's default compiler.

Edit: I have been deleting cache between configurations.

Here is output log from CMAKE build:

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/gcc.exe
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" failed.
Build flags:
Id flags: -c

The output was:

Build flags:
Id flags: -Aa

The output was:
<command-line>:0:1: error: missing '(' after predicate

Build flags:
Id flags: -D__CLASSIC_C__

The output was:

Checking whether the C compiler is IAR using "" did not match "IAR .+ Compiler":
gcc.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" failed.
Compiler: C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/g++.exe
Build flags:
Id flags: -c

The output was:

Checking whether the CXX compiler is IAR using "" did not match "IAR .+ Compiler":
g++.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:
Change Dir: D:/SFML/TGUI Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"C:/PROGRA~2/CODEBL~1/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe" "cmTC_7e3c5/fast"
C:/PROGRA~2/CODEBL~1/MinGW/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f CMakeFiles\cmTC_7e3c5.dir\build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_7e3c5.dir/build

mingw32-make.exe[1]: Entering directory 'D:/SFML/TGUI Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_7e3c5.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj

C:\PROGRA~2\CODEBL~1\MinGW\bin\gcc.exe     -o CMakeFiles\cmTC_7e3c5.dir\testCCompiler.c.obj   -c "D:\SFML\TGUI Build\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp\testCCompiler.c"

CMakeFiles\cmTC_7e3c5.dir\build.make:64: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/cmTC_7e3c5.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj' failed

mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_7e3c5.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj] Error 1

mingw32-make.exe[1]: Leaving directory 'D:/SFML/TGUI Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'

Makefile:125: recipe for target 'cmTC_7e3c5/fast' failed

mingw32-make.exe: *** [cmTC_7e3c5/fast] Error 2

« Last Edit: 24 June 2016, 19:23:37 by Honor »

texus

• View Profile
    • Texus's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2016, 19:25:31 »
You could try putting TGUI in a folder which does not contain spaces (e.g. "D:/SFML/TGUI-Build/") or putting it on the C drive to see if it changes anything.

If that doesn't work then it looks like either the compiler or cmake is broken.
All commits that I push to github are automatically tested on different platforms so it is unlikely that there is a fix that I can make, it looks like something specific to your pc.

Honor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2016, 19:48:59 »
Same error after moving it to C:/ and removing spaces in the folder names. Maybe I'll try to download an older version of cmake or something like that, thanks for you help! Very fast response <3

Honor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2016, 14:58:33 »
Solved: Had to manually add MinGW path to enviromental paths, then RESTART computer.

texus

• View Profile
    • Texus's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2016, 15:38:00 »
You typically don't have to do that with codeblock's default compiler unless you are using the "MinGW Makefiles" generator instead of "CodeBlocks - MinGW Makefiles", but I'm glad to hear that you found a solution to the problem.

Honor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2016, 17:21:24 »
For some reason Codeblock's MinGW compiler was missing some DLL files that cmake required (Even after several re-installations). I just switched everything to use the standalone MinGW compiler instead.