Possible bug with TextBox in 7.1
« on: 16 November 2016, 04:51:13 »
When using a view other than the default with
Code: [Select]
gui.setView(view); it seems that TextBox does not work properly. The text is not properly aligned with the box. I tested it with the default view and it worked as intended, but with custom view it does not.

Picture:

texus

• View Profile
    • Texus's Blog
Re: Possible bug with TextBox in 7.1
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2016, 13:02:16 »
I have been able to reproduce this, the problem seems to be with the way I calculate the clipping so it will likely affect some other widgets as well. But I haven't found the exact cause yet.
It does seem like the issue got fixed in 0.8-dev already when refactoring the clipping code, so if I can figure out what got changed then I can put the fix in 0.7 as well.

texus

• View Profile
    • Texus's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2016, 15:27:02 »
I have found the issue but it will have to be fixed in all affected widgets individually.

I don't have time right now to fix all widgets but I have already fixed it in TextBox and several other widgets in a seperate branch: https://github.com/texus/TGUI/tree/WIP-clipping-fix
If you download and build that version than the problem you have with TextBox should be solved.

I'll make sure to have a fix for all widgets before I release 0.7.2 (which is planned to be released when SFML 2.5 is released), but it will likely be fixed much earlier (within the next week).

« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2016, 22:49:47 »
Alright, that works for me, thank you.