Form Builder issues [solved]

Started by syndicatedragon, 02 July 2013, 21:06:41

syndicatedragon

Is Form Builder supposed to be fully functional? I've had nothing but issues with it. Images for the various widgets appear wrong or corrupted, it crashes when changing the text size of a label, etc. If it's not supposed to be functional that's fine, I just want to make sure I'm not having some weird issue with it.

Thanks

texus

It is supposed to be working. I don't test it much, but there shouldn't be problems with it.
I recently build the one that is included with the latest 0.6 version, and I didn't see a problem at first sight (I only quickly added some objects and moved them around).

Could you be a little more specific about what version you have downloaded?
Did you download tgui v0.5 or v0.6-dev? If v0.6 then did you just download it or a did you download it few days ago (so that I know if it is the latest version or one from a few days old)?

Just in case that it would be OS specific, can you also tell me what OS you use and which compiler? Then I can make the test in the same circumstances.

Edit: Can I safely assume that drawing images with sfml isn't a problem and that it really is the form builder? I don't want to start debugging only to find out later that it was just a driver issue.

syndicatedragon

I don't have any issues with my application which uses both SFML and tgui. I'd like to say that I really like using tgui thus far. It's pretty easy to get something simple working, yet it seems pretty flexible too.

I downloaded the latest dev snapshot, but that was probably a couple of weeks ago. I will grab the latest again and try that.

Is there a link to the github repo so I can keep up to date that way?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

edit- I found the link on github, I'll grab the latest that way

syndicatedragon

Built the lastest. Form Builder seems to work better. The widgets seem to have the proper images. However it still crashes every time I try to edit or resize Label object text.

texus

It has been fixed now.
I deleted the width and height properties from label some time ago and apparently they were still used when changing the text or text size.

syndicatedragon

If you click on the background color field in the Label properties, it crashes.

texus

Strange, I can't reproduce that.

Edit: tested on linux and on windows with GCC/MinGW for both the previous version and the latest version. I doesn't crash here.

syndicatedragon

Hmm. Seems to crash on any color related field on any widget, or the config file field on any widget.

This is the release build made with Visual Studio Express 2010. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

When I get some time I'll see if I can set up the debugger on it.

texus

While debugging with VS2010 I only found an assertion when selection the text from any edit box.
So you might want to try and remove the '-1' from the end of line 1711 in EditBox.cpp.

If this doesn't fix your issue then it would indeed be best to debug it yourself. I currently have to borrow a laptop from someone to test on windows and I can't do much either when I can't reproduce it or when I don't have a call stack.

syndicatedragon

I figured out my problem. I was using the SFML VC11 dlls. I copied FormBuilder to my "clean" Windows 7 VM and it was complaining about MSVCR110.dll! I thought, that's weird... and then I remembered at some point in the past I was playing around with VS2012 and decided it was not all that great for Windows 7 development (it seems rather Windows 8 focused). So I must have installed the VC11 version of SFML at that point.

I installed the VC10 version of SFML and re-built TGUI and now everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help though!