Adding widget to group crashes

Started by r4gTime, 16 May 2020, 15:35:46


Everything seems to be configured correctly in the cbp file.

Could you send me your libsfml-graphics.a and libtgui.a files?


I'm starting to run out of ideas on what the issue could be.
- Could you send me your TGUI/include/TGUI/Config.hpp file?
- In CodeBlocks in the menu under Settings > Compiler... in the "Toolchain executables" tab (in the tabs near the top of the Compiler settings window), what is the "Compiler's installation directory" set to?
- If you open a command prompt, what is the output of executing "echo %PATH%"?



Here is the config and the compiler settings in attachments.

When I type echo %PATH% I get this :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NGX;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Louis\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;


I don't know what it could still be. The code works fine for others but everything seems to be set up correctly on your pc.

The only thing that wasn't normal in the things you send (except for the fact that you are receiving a segmentation fault) was the result of the call stack. Could you double check that you are running in Debug mode when you get that call stack? It shouldn't contain question marks on the top.

The only other thing you could still try is rebuilding TGUI yourself with cmake, but I fear that it isn't going to make a difference.


Yep I checked again...

F*** I didn't think 1 sec there could be no solution... Your GUI seems perfect for what  I need.

Thank again for your help and if I find something I'll let you know.


Are you certain that the .dll files next to your exe are from the same place as the .a files? I didn't realize that possibility until I was creating a test here.

There is actually one more thing that we could test. I've created a project using the same compiler as yours. Could you try downloading it:
(I've used 7z instead of a normal zip because it gave a big difference in size, download button should be at top right of page)

Try to run the TGUI-Test.exe inside the bin folder (either Debug or Release). If it complains about missing gcc and dlls then copy them from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin" folder and put them next to the exe.
If the exe runs then try to open the .cbp project and building the project. Check if it still runs after you build the project.


Oh my god I tested the exact same thing you did 10mn ago and... it worked  ;D ;D

I used some dll files from 8.4 or 8.5 version and I didn't realize.

Thank you so much, I'm now ready to create a nice GUI for my game :)