List of all signals

Started by Heinrich, 15 October 2014, 15:29:28

Heinrich

Where can I find one? I'm especially looking for something like "selected" in listbox.

Edit: I found where they are defined. Maybe you want to compile a list for your tutorial.

texus

There is no single list containing all signals.
But the documentation contains such a list in the "detailed description": https://tgui.eu/documentation/v0.7/classtgui_1_1ListBox.html#details

At the bottom of that list you find "Inherited signals from ..." and when you click on that class name you can again find a list for all widgets that inherit from that class.

Heinrich

Quote from: texus on 15 October 2014, 15:34:14
There is no single list containing all signals.

Yes, I found it in ListBox.cpp, thats why I meant you should maybe compile a list for new users.

Heinrich

BTW, I found a little bug. When a listbox is populated with items and you "drag an entry downward" over the last entry in the list. Like, you click on an entry and do not release the mouse button and then move the mouse cursor downward until you pass the last entry in the list. The Listbox must have set it's size large enough that there is some space displayed below the last entry. Then tgui crashes with some subscript out of range error.
If you have some spare time you may try to reproduce it. No signal needs to be connected for this.

texus

Quoteyou should maybe compile a list for new users
Its all in the documentation, just split over multiple pages.
I understand that it would be a lot better to have a full list somewhere, but it would take a lot of work to do it for all widgets and I have so many other things to do already.

Although having tutorials is something needed for the project, in my position it is seen a bit as a waste of time. It costs me a lot of time, while I make no progress with the project. Yet it is a must because otherwise people can't use the project. It would be great if there were tutorials written by the tgui users :).

QuoteI found a little bug
I'll look into it.

Heinrich

Quote from: texus on 15 October 2014, 17:48:43
It would be great if there were tutorials written by the tgui users :).

Sounds like something I could do.
The bug is really minor, I just thought I report it before I forget about it.

texus

QuoteThe bug is really minor
Nevertheless, it has to be fixed.

Linux is maybe a little bit too forgiving for bugs. It segfaulted in release mode, but then I didn't have a call stack. But in debug mode it just worked, even though I found out that I was accessing an element with index -1 in a list.

Anyway, it should be fixed now :).