TGUI_DEPRECATED("Use leftMouseButtonNoLongerDown instead") virtual void mouseNoL

Started by RitoonL, 21 June 2020, 17:08:10

RitoonL

Hello,

TGUI_DEPRECATED("Use leftMouseButtonNoLongerDown instead") virtual void mouseNoLongerDown();

I have this warning all the time when i am compiling. I am not using it in my code. How can i stop those warnings ?

Also, when compiling on Raspberry Pi, The OS crashes (yes the OS) just before this message (if we compare the logs from windows). Note that TGUI has been installed with succces as we are compiling exemple codes just fine.

is it possible that the crash could be related to the message ? For me, not ... but my dev-mate thinks so ...

news of the project : We're still working on it ... cleaning a lot of things, before adding new features.

Thanks by advance.

texus

The mouseNoLongerDown isn't called anywhere inside TGUI (based on a quick word-search through the codebase), so I would think it is called from somewhere in your code. Otherwise maybe you have TGUI headers installed somewhere that don't match the library version?

You could add the TGUI_REMOVE_DEPRECATED_CODE define in your code (either project-wise or as a define before including TGUI.hpp). That will completely remove the function, any place that tries to call it will then give a compile error instead of a warning.

I'm not sure what could cause the OS to crash, maybe it goes out of memory? Are you trying to compile with multiple threads? Compiling with only one thread would reduce the memory usage, if this would be the problem.

RitoonL

Hi Texus,

I did not forgot that i had to reply here.

Thanx for your answer ...

Here is where we are now. Oh yes we did it, we compiled on the Pi, your answered helped us to seek that the memory card was full, there was no space for the Os swap, so the Pi went out of memory and froze. It's fixed now.

For the other message about the Deprecated method, we still do not figure why, the method is definitly not called in the code. As i coded myself all the things that use the mouse, i know i did not used this method. We are looking around to seek where is the problem but it's not a high priority task, as the code compiles we'll chase it for the next code merge.

Regards,

RitoonL