Form Builder does not work.

Started by Superdude, 28 August 2013, 05:21:50

Superdude

I recently started using TGUI in my SFML project. I am making a media player. So, I get the pre-compiled VS 2012 binaries and realize that it doesn't come with Form Builder.(You might want to change that. It is frustrating)
So I download the precompiled MinGW 5.2 binaries and it (thankfully) does come with FB. However, when I run the exe, All the windows come up, but they are unmovable and all the buttons are unclickable except for the main X button. I really would like to use this, and I can't use it effectively until FB is working. I hope the FB will be available soon. Can you tell me where/how/when I can get it?

Superdude

texus

If it is missing from the VS binaries then that is a mistake. I'll fix that soon.

There is a bug in SFML 2.1 that is really annoying, and is causing the problems for the form builder.
You should be able to click on the title bar of the big window and move it away. Then when the windows are no longer overlapping you should be able to move the other windows after clicking on the title bar.
It should become usable when the windows are no longer overlapping.

Or is it even worse than that and can't you really move anything?

Edit:
I just downloaded the pre-compiled VS2012 libraries and it contains a form-builder directory with a FormBuilder.exe.
Did you download the v0.6-alpha1 from the download page?

Superdude

O_o The directory does have form builder.... My mistake then...
But it still does not work. I can move the main window, but the main window is blank, and the other windows are immovable no matter what I do.

Thanks,

Superdude

EDIT: Was the forum/tgui.eu/tgui.net down for a while?

texus

So even after the main window is no longer overlapping with the others, you can't move the other windows?

I'll compile the form builder again with sfml 2.0 and then I'll send you the executable.

QuoteWas the forum/tgui.eu/tgui.net down for a while?
Not that I know, but it can always happen from time to time.

Edit:
I've uploaded a working form builder.

Superdude

Superdude

Is the only button config black?

Superdude

I accidentally set the Text size to 10000 and lost all my work... :(

texus

By default Black is the only config file. But you can always create your own config files.
And the widget files are just text files, so the config file can always be changed later and you could just use Black as temporary images in the form builder.

But there are a lot of things that could be improved in the form builder. Auto-saving would be one of them, although that wasn't on the list of changes that I was going to make.