Logo for TGUI=)

Started by Hronom, 07 September 2013, 13:32:48

Hronom

It would be nice, if someone draw logo for TGUI, so game that uses TGUI can populate them by showing logos of technologies that they use)))

texus

That would indeed be nice.

But I'm not sure if anyone is going to volunteer to make a logo, and I'm not creative enough to do draw one myself.

Hronom

Please can you describe in words with what you associate TGUI. So people what read this topic can create logo and show this logo here. My friend can try create logo on volunteers beginning.

texus

I would use a button or checkbox as logo. Something that can be associated with a gui.
The only words I think of at the moment are simple and easy.

vmg

Hi.
I've only just recently found TGUI and have only tested it with the tutorials plus some simple examples, but I like it. I'm not a graphical designer or anything, but I do like the SFML logo, so when I saw this thread, I thought about taking the SFML logo and making something like it.

Here it is. I thought about using shades of purple and an elliptic curve for the shading (as in the SFML logo), but as stated above, it just seems like the simpler, the better.

I'm attaching one of the smaller .pngs. If you like it, tell me and I'll hand you over the larger pngs and the PSD file for fine-tuning or changes.

[]'s

P.S.: some additional points:
1- the image has a transparent background, and I've added a white outline to the font so that it's visible over any background color.
2- I decided to keep the 'checkbox' withouth a check because I suck at drawing.
3- I'm gonna upload a purple-toned version shortly, for comparison

texus

This looks like a good starting point for a logo.

The thing that I want to change the most is the lack of a check, the empty box doesn't has much meaning (if you wouldn't know that it is a checkbox then you wouldn't recognise it).
But maybe we should experiment with a RadioButton instead? That way the check is just a circle inside the bigger circle button.

You don't have to keep so strict about what I said about 'simple'. I think the most important thing is that the logo is recognisable, not ugly, and if possible still has something to do with the gui.
So feel free to experiment with whatever ideas you have.

Edit: I have made the logo on the forum random until a more permanent logo has been found. If other logos are suggested then they might also be added to the list of possible displayed logos.
Caching might interfere with the randomness though.

vmg

Hey
The purple thing doesn't really click into it.
I tried two alternatives with the checkbox, they're really similar and the only difference is the squarebox is smaller in one of them.

See if you like them.
Probably won't be able to keep editing this, since I ran out of time and skill, to be honest.
Hope I helped,

texus

I like these.
I prefer the one with the slightly smaller box, could you perhaps upload the psd file for this one?

I'd like some more opinions though. Especially about what colors to use, whether or not to underline the text, ...
I'm going to make a post on the tgui blog in the hope to draw some more people to this topic and get more input.

You've already helped out a lot, thanks.

vmg

Can I email you?
The PSD files are rather large and won't fit as attachments

texus

Thats fine. You can send it to texus@tgui.eu.