Using TGUI-0.7-alpha1 with the SFML Visual Studio 2015 branch in VS2015

Started by Maslo, 10 September 2015, 12:50:35

Maslo

FYI, the registration CAPTCHA on this forum does not work in Firefox.

To the topic: Strangely, debug works fine, but I am getting an exception using Release dlls:
"Exception thrown at 0x00007FFACD073C4F (vcruntime140.dll) in SFML_Game.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00007FFADB72AAC0."

The exception happens in tgui::Gui::draw() function. If I don't call it, release build works fine too. All optimizations in VS2015 are turned on when compiling SFML, TGUI and the game itself in Release, could this be the cause? Am I too cutting edge for my own good, or is anyone using similar setup successfuly?

texus

QuoteFYI, the registration CAPTCHA on this forum does not work in Firefox.
I'm using Firefox 40 on linux and it works fine here. But I'll keep it in mind, if someone else reports this then I'll change it.

QuoteAm I too cutting edge for my own good, or is anyone using similar setup successfuly?
I'm waiting for official VS2015 libraries from SFML before I test TGUI with it.
But I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work, if SFML works then TGUI should work too.

QuoteAccess violation
The exception happens in tgui::Gui::draw() function
The access violation in the draw functions sounds familiar though, it usually happens when the libraries are incompatible (e.g. mixing release and debug versions or mixing static and dynamic linking).

QuoteAll optimizations in VS2015 are turned
What do you mean with this exactly? SFML, TGUI and your project should all match the same settings so you might want to try and just compile everything without setting special settings in your project.

Maslo

Yup, the problem was incompatible optimization settings between the TGUI project and my project. It works now, thanks for the help.